Responsible Experienced Ethical
With 9 years experience working successfully with many hundreds of schools, nurseries and care homes, Incredible Eggs is a proven name you can trust, whether you are a confident old hand or an anxious first-time hatcher.
We understand the responsibility of ensuring your hatching kits are ethically sourced. Please read the extended About Us and FAQs section for more comprehensive information about who we are and what we do.
See below for how it works and what’s included.
How does it work?
Did you know?Birds hatch from the 'fat' end of the egg!
At the beginning of your pre-booked 10 day hire period, we will arrive at the care home and set up the equipment. We will then run through the things you need to know and answer any questions.
The chicks or ducklings will hatch within a few days and are then transferred from the incubator to the brooding unit.
The chicks or ducklings then live in the brooding unit, where they can be cared for, carefully handled under adult supervision, observed and their antics enjoyed!
We will then collect all equipment and any birds the setting wishes to sign over to our ownership if no suitable home is available. We provide a re-homing suitability checklist and guide.
The package consists of EVERYTHING you need, delivered, set up for you and collected at the end of the process. This includes:
- Delivery and collection
- Hatching guide
- A downloadable comprehensive Risk Assessment and Bird Welfare Manual
- Setting up and instructions session with the supervising teacher
- Advice and support ‘hotline’ throughout the process
- An incubator with excellent egg visibility
- Fertile hen, duck or partridge hatching eggs
- A brooding cage, complete with heater, drinker and feeder
- Wood shavings, to cover the brooder floor and feed
- An information poster about the work of Incredible Eggs and our ethos